Christmas & New Year at El Oceano Hotel & Restaurant between Marbella and La Cala de Mijas on Spain’s Costa del Sol. Christmas and New Year are always utterly excellent times at El Oceano! Whether private holiday or celebration, or for an extra-special Christmas party on the beach in sunny Spain, there’s nowhere else!
Christmas & New Year Luxury Holidays in Spain
christmas & new year
Luxury Christmas Holiday? You Deserve It!
Christmas at El Oceano is a very special time! One of our annual highlights, Christmas and New Year are always VERY popular.
Winter on the Costa del Sol is a wonderful time. The weather is generally very good with temperatures hovering around 12-15ºC and rain isn’t too likely – we’ve had guests swimming the pool in December! While you will find plenty of holiday makers escaping the colder climate of northern Europe, the crowds are nothing like the high season. Winter holidays in spain don’t get any better than at El Oceano luxury beachfront hotel.
What better place to spend Christmas or New Year? Maybe both!
If you’re thinking you might deserve a Christmas break, now is the time to start looking. If you’re thinking about Christmas in the Costa del Sol’s finest beachfront hotel, get in touch!
Enjoy the elegance of our beach hotel for your perfect Christmas holiday. A luxury holiday accompanied by an exquisite, award-winning menu in our beautiful restaurant, accompanied by live party entertainment and the best service on the Costa del Sol. Our hotel accommodation is some of the best you’ll find! Christmas in Spain – just perfect!
Book your Christmas Accommodation
christmas in spain
Christmas Holidays on Spain’s Costa del Sol
There are several reasons why spending Christmas on the Costa del Sol in Spain can be a great experience:
- Mild weather: Unlike many other parts of Europe, the Costa del Sol enjoys mild weather during the winter months, with temperatures ranging from 15-20°C. This makes it a great destination for those who want to escape the cold and enjoy some sunshine during the festive season.
- Christmas markets: The Costa del Sol is known for its traditional Christmas markets, where you can find local crafts, food, and drink. The markets are a great place to soak up the festive atmosphere and pick up some unique souvenirs.
- Festive traditions: Spain has some unique Christmas traditions, such as the ‘El Gordo’ lottery, which is drawn on December 22nd and is known for its huge prize pool. In addition, there are the ‘Three Kings’ parades on January 5th, where the three kings ride through the streets throwing sweets to children.
- Beaches: While it might not be warm enough for swimming, the beaches on the Costa del Sol are still a beautiful place to visit during the winter months. You can enjoy a stroll along the coast, take in the views, or even try some winter watersports.
- Delicious food: Spain is known for its delicious food, and Christmas is no exception. You can enjoy traditional Spanish dishes such as roasted lamb, seafood, and of course, the famous turron (a nougat dessert).
Overall, spending Christmas on the Costa del Sol can be a great way to experience a different type of festive season, with mild weather, unique traditions, and plenty to see and do.
December Weather on the Costa del Sol
In December, the weather on the Costa del Sol in Spain is mild, but cooler than in the summer months. The average high temperature during the day is around 17°C (63°F), while the average low temperature at night is around 8°C (46°F). It is not uncommon for temperatures to drop a few degrees lower during the night.
Although it is generally sunny during the day, there can also be some rainy or cloudy days. It’s important to note that the sea can be a bit cold for swimming in December, with an average water temperature of around 16°C (61°F).
Overall, the weather on the Costa del Sol in December is pleasant and mild, making it a great destination for those who want to escape colder climates and enjoy some winter sunshine.
Winter Break Holidays in Spain
We all need a little sunshine now and again and, during the long winter months of northern Europe, Spain’s beautiful Costa del Sol offers sunshine almost every day, plus a relaxed and tranquil atmosphere after the ‘madness’ of the Summer months.
Around Christmas and New Year, we do get rather busy, but the less-busy times usually are from the beginning of November, up to around the 20th of December. November is a great time of year to visit! No crowds, no towels on the sun loungers, prices are a little ‘easier’, all making November a marvelous month for a relaxing winter break. The weather is pretty good too! Clearly not as warm as the summer months, but we’ve seen many winter visitors in the pools – and the sea – well into December! Check the weather averages.
Christmas is celebrated slightly differently here. Of course the traditional Christmas Day celebrations are intact, but more emphasis is put on “3 Kings Day”. ‘La Fiesta de Los Reyes’ (The Party of the Kings), or 3 Kings Day is what a Brit might call ‘Epiphany’.
Find El Oceano Beach Hotel, Restaurant & Polynesian Pool on Mijas Costa
Find El Oceano right on the water-front between Marbella and La Cala de Mijas, on Spain's beautiful Costa del Sol. Getting here is easy, we are just a 30 minutes drive from Málaga Airport.
El Oceano Beach Hotel
Km 1026, Calle Cádiz de Torrenueva 31
Mijas Costa, Málaga, Spain.
Telephone (+34) 952 587 550
oceanohotel.com . firstname.lastname@example.org
facebook.com/oceanohotel . instagram.com/oceanobeachhotel