The Pink Ball is an annual charity event that we hold dear at El Oceano. A fantastic chance to help those in need and have a fantastic time in the restaurant. Proceeds from the event go to the Positively Pink Breast Cancer Charity.
The Pink Ball, 2018
pink ball 2018
The Pink Ball, Thursday the 11th of October, 2018.
The annual Positively Pink ‘Pink Ball’ will be held at El Oceano Beach Hotel on Thursday the 11th of October, 2018! A great opportunity to help raise funds for breast cancer screening and have a great night out at the Costa’s finest restaurant!
A spectacular evening of elegant entertainment, plus the knowledge you are helping those in need. Positively Pink is the sole charity on the Costa del Sol dedicated to raising money in order to fund the improvement and enhancement of medical treatment and provide a screening programme for British women living within the Malaga province. And we are El Oceano are only too happy to help!
Please note: Guests MUST arrive by 7pm sharp!
The 2019 Auction
Through the evening, we will hold the Positively Pink Charity Auction!! All in aid of Positively Pink! There are some particularly outstanding items this year, we’re very excited – we hope you are too! We’re now taking Pre-Auction Bids on the below items! Message us on Facebook to make your pre-auction bid – or, if you are unable to attend the event, you can still make a bid! (It’s a long list, but worth a read… there are some real gems in there!)
Click below to make a pre-bid! (Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org) Make sure to mention the lot number!
- Boob-a-liscious Cake. Donated by Lou at Cake-a-Liscious.
- Hand-Crafted Wine Coasters. A set of 4 wine coasters, made and kindly donated by our very own Caroline Baker, El Oceano Reception.
- Black & Rose Gold Trim Ted Baker Flight Bag. £199 retail value, kindly donated by Keith and Pat Catchpole.
- An Evening with Miss Nikki Rae. El Oceano regular, Nikki will bring her amazing ‘Someone Like Adele’ show to your party, your office or your home for a private performance!
- Anthony Joshua Signed Glove. An authentic, signed glove of Unified Heavyweight World Champion Anthony Joshua donated by Dan Hatfield & Family.
- Signed Arsenal Football Club Shirt. A real piece of memorabilia, in display frame donated by Dan Hatfield and Family.
- Boxing Legends Signed Glove. Authentic signed glove by boxing legends John Conteh, Alan Minter, John H Stracey and Ken Buchanan. Kindly donated by Brian and Andrea Pierce at Los Granados.
- Remote Control Model Car. Great fun! Donated by Keith and Pat Catchpole.
- Beautiful Piece of Jewellery. Donated by Mike and Christine Miserotti at Beau Gems of London.
- Two Tickets to Premiership Football Match. An incredible lot! Includes return flights from Spain or rail travel within UK! Donated and sponsored by Farmhouse Biscuits and Travel Knights and coordinated by Gordon Robins.
- Meal for Two at The Blue Marlin. Enjoy a Fantastic Meal for 2 at the Blue Marlin Seafood Restaurant. Including champagne, oysters and lobster generously donated by our lovely clients, neighbours and friends Alison and Steve.
- Luxury Hamper. Donated by Brian David at Briteman Properties. Includes lots of booze and goodies, vouchers from Oceano Boutique, a fine quality meal kindly donated by our neighbours at the fantastic La Kala Restaurant plus much much more!
- 2 Tickets for West Ham vs. Crystal Palace. 2 Tickets for Saturday December 8th, 2018 in the Arnold Hills Lounge at West Ham vs, Crystal Palace. This includes glass of Prosecco on arrival, a three-course a la carte lunch and drinks. Snacks at half time . Bar until 6pm. Value £500. Kindly donated by Ian and Jill Carmen Stewart.
- A Night at the Park Avenue, Belfast, Including Marco Pierre White Meal for Two. A one-night stay in a Junior Suite in the Park Avenue Hotel in Belfast, including a three-course meal for two guests at Marco Pierre White renowned Restaurant. Kindly donated by Katrina Martin.
- Plasma Pen Treatment. 500€ voucher for Plasma Pen Treatment. Donated by Kerry Machin.
- David Seaman Signed Glove. Signed glove from the UK’s second-most capped goal keeper, David Seaman M.B.E. Donated by Pat Rice.
- Stunning Pom Pom Wrap. Beautiful, dusky pink Pom Pom Wrap, worth 65€. Donated by JaS & Ben Boutique.
- David Haye Signed Picture. A signed picture by former Heavyweight World Champion, David Haye. Donated by Brian and Andrea Pierce.
- Stunning Piece of Abstract Art from Jilly Law. Donated by local artist, Jilly Law, this beautiful piece is in Acrylic and Resin. Other pieces on display and adding life to our hotel corridor by the Bar at El Oceano. Retail value, 1,100€, complete with certificate.
- Signed Manchester City FC Shirt. A Manchester City shirt signed by the current super-team. Donated by Dan Hatfield and Family.
- Signed Arsenal Shirt. An Arsenal Football Club shirt, signed by the current super-team. Donated by Pat Rice.
- Christmas Market Trip. Donated by Paul Knight at Travel Knights. Value, 300€.
- Signed Millwall FC Shirt. Millwall signed shirt by the first team, donated by Martin and Lesley Allen.
- Steve Morrison‘s Boots. Millwall captain, Steve Morrison’s boots – the ones he wore to score the winning goal in the 2016/17 final 23/ Millwall. Donated by Martin & Lesley Allen.
- Three-Night Stay in San Pedro Apartment. A three-night stay in a three-bedroom, beach-side apartment in San Pedro de Alcantara. Kindly donated by Gemma of Marbella Property Management (dates between now and March 2019).
- World Cup 1966 Limited Edition Presentation. Signed by Geoff Hurst and Martin Peters.
- Signed Manchester City Shirt. A Manchester City FC shirt signed by Kyle Walker, Manchester City and England player.
- Anthony Joshua Signed Glove. Signed glove from world boxing champion Anthony Joshua with commemorative photos of his world championship fight.
- Lee Selby Signed Glove. Signed glove by Lee Selby, former world boxing champion.
- Lee Selby Signed Shorts. Signed shorts signed by Lee Selby, former world boxing champion.
- Signed Kell Brook Shorts. Shorts signed by Kell Brook.
- Signed Kell Brook Glove. Glove signed by Kell Brook.
- 2 Signed Kell Brook Gloves. Pair of gloves signed by Kell Brook.
- Signed David Beckham Boot. Football boot signed by former England player and all-round superstar, David Beckham.
- The Stylebar Pamper Day. A pamper day for two at The Stylebar, home to E4 reality TV show, Super Salon. Includes a manicure, pedicure, blow out, make up, lunch and bottomless prosecco!
- Ricky Hatton Shorts. Signed impressive Ricky the Hitman Hatton shorts.
- David Beckham Football Boot. Authentic Signed David Beckham Boot.
- Signed Henry Cooper Knockout. Iconic Henry Cooper signed photo on knockout with Muhammed Ali.
A fantastic range of auction items, we’re sure you’ll agree!!
A Beautiful, 3-Course El Oceano Menu at the Pink Ball
A mouthwatering menu for a very special day! Our chefs have ‘thrown together’ a stunning menu for the Pink Ball, a choice of three exquisite starters and three mouthwatering main dish choices, followed by an extra-special Pink Ball dessert! (As this page was written in February, the details – including the following menu – may not be 100% accurate. Before booking, please confirm with the hotel.)
- Home-Made French Onion Soup. Herb cheese crouton.
- Prawn & Spinach Crepe. Tomato ragu & parmesan.
- Pork Belly Bites. Wasabi & potato puree, sweet & sour sauce.
- Roast Loin of Cod. Spinach tortellini, tomato compote, baby courgette & black olive dust.
- Slow Cooked Angus Beef Short Rib. Buttery mash, sprouting broccoli & rich port jus.
- Sous Vide Breast of Chicken. Asparagus wrapped in bacon, dauphinoise potatoes & wild mushroom sauce.
El Oceano special Pink Ball dessert to finish!
Positively Pink is unique as a charity. Its sole purpose is to raise the necessary funds to provide a breast screening programme to British Women who live on the Costa del Sol. The screening programme is a comprehensive screening process that includes a consultation, physical examination and health education a mammogram and/or ultrasound or in some cases both.
find el oceano on mijas costa
El Oceano Restaurant is on Mijas Costa on the Costa del Sol
Find El Oceano right on the water-front between Marbella and La Cala de Mijas, on Spain’s beautiful Costa del Sol.
One of the nicer parts of the Costa del Sol, Mijas Costa offers cleaner beaches and avoiding the often-maddening crowds of other parts of this coastline. The newly constructed boardwalk, running right along Mijas Costa, gives to the opportunity to explore this wonderful coastline on foot. We are just a 10 minutes walk to the charming little town of La Cala de Mijas.
El Oceano Beach Hotel & Restaurant
Ctra. de Cádiz A7 (N340), Km 199
29649 Mijas Costa
Telephone (+34) 952 587 550
Book your Table
As of today, there are no confirmed future dates for 'The Pink Ball, 2018'. As soon as dates are confirmed, we'll let you know!