Boutique Hotel: El Oceano - a true luxury boutique hotel, Restaurant & Salon, on Spain's beautiful Mijas Costa.
our boutique hotel
A Unique Luxury Boutique Hotel on Spain’s Costa del Sol
El Oceano Hotel is a jewel on Mijas Costa. A wonderful, luxury hotel and exquisite restaurant, right on the water’s edge.
Any hotel room needs to feel good the moment you open the door. At El Oceano Boutique Hotel, the ‘feel good factor’ is immediate. Tasteful and spacious, the rooms, suites and studios reflect a subtle and elegant luxury.
A unique hotel, El Oceano offers a perfect blend of warm hospitality, modern amenities, subtle luxury and impeccable service. Exquisitely refurbished in 2016 and 2017, the decoration, professional staff and general ambiance, everything in this extraordinary beach hotel adds to its very own subtle and elegant luxury. All in all, El Oceano will give you an unforgettable luxury hotel experience.
And of course, there are always the views. At El Oceano, it’s always the views! In the distance, you can see as far as the North African coast, the Pillars of Hercules and the Rock of Gibraltar. And just under your nose, a quiet, secluded beach. Luxury.
Our hotel is family owned and run. You will often find our owner and/or manager in the hotel, the bar or restaurant, making sure all is well and everyone is happy. We are, very much, a ‘hands-on’ team.
What is a Boutique Hotel?
So, what does “boutique hotel” actually mean? According to USA Today, “Boutique hotels are characterized by their intimate atmosphere and idiosyncratic style. They distinguish themselves from larger chain hotels by offering personalized attention and styled accommodations which play on a motif.”
It’s a slightly sterile description, but one that basically sums up El Oceano.
The article then goes on to list a few details of what one might expect to find in a boutique hotel…
- Size: Our beachside hotel has 50 intimate rooms and suites, from our very affordable Non-Sea-View Rooms right up to the spectacular Penthouse Suites, not forgetting our self-catering Studio Apartments. We have tried to create something to suit everyone, all with the unmistakable El Oceano feel. We feel our accommodation sums up the very nature of a ’boutique’ hotel.
- Individuality/Design/Character: Our hotel has always been a beautiful place, but the redesign of 2016 has brought a breath of fresh air to our hotel, one which has not gone unnoticed by our guests! A beautiful redesign of subtle duck-egg blue and pale tan shades, the redesign was coordinated by our very talented, in-house designer. Her attention to detail and eye for aesthetics have made for one very special hotel.
- Location: This one is easy! If we were any closer to the sea, your feet would be wet! We are right on the beach. The majority of our hotel rooms and suites have stunning Mediterranean views and the restaurant is surrounded by large windows, overlooking the sea. From some tables, you might feel you were on the deck of a ship!
- Service: Time and time again, we have the very pleasant task of answering many hundreds of comments, reviews and questions on Facebook, TripAdvisor and other sites, the majority of which applauding the quality of our service. We take our service to clients very seriously indeed. We believe in a professional and attentive waiting team, but we curb this with a courteous distance. If you want us, we’re there, if you don’t, we won’t bother you!
- Gastronomy: Some considerable time goes into planning our menus. Our head chef and kitchen team and acutely aware of guests’ expectations and deliver on all fronts, with a mixture locally-sourced and specially imported ingredients. Each dish is a work of art, an exquisite balance of flavours and presentation. Our A la Carte menu will usually remain the same throughout each season, but we also prepare many menus for special events, Sundays and ‘Set Menu’ evenings. The food needs to be right – and we think we get it right!
- Clientele: That’s you! Our guests make us what we are. You make us what we are. Every decision taken by hotel management is made with our clientele in mind.
It today is the day to try El Oceano – and what day isn’t?! – get in touch! We are here to help!
A ‘Boutique’ Restaurant?
It’s not a term we’re familiar with, but if the description fits our hotel, it certainly fits our restaurant too. With seating for around 150 or more guests, in three distinct areas, El Oceano is a stunning restaurant, right on the water’s edge, on Mijas Costa, Costa del Sol, Spain.
A heady mixture of a beautiful menu, the perfect location and professional & courteous waiting team, we think our restaurant is the finest place to eat on the Costa del Sol.
costa del sol
Find El Oceano Boutique Hotel right on the sea-front between Marbella and La Cala de Mijas, on Spain’s beautiful Mijas Costa. Getting here is easy, we are just a 30 minutes drive from Málaga Airport.
One of the more charming parts of the Costa del Sol, Mijas Costa offers cleaner beaches and avoiding the often-maddening crowds of other parts of this coastline. The newly constructed boardwalk, running right along Mijas Costa, gives to the opportunity to explore this wonderful coastline on foot. We are just a 10 minutes walk to the charming little town of La Cala de Mijas.
El Oceano Beach Hotel
Ctra. de Cádiz A7 (N340), Km 199
29649 Mijas Costa
Telephone (+34) 952 587 550