January marks the end of our Season. Every year, we close for a few weeks – our ‘hibernation’ – to take a short break, but mostly to prepare, repair and generally tidy up the hotel and restaurant, ready for the new season.
January at El Oceano Beach Hotel
january at el oceano
“Thank you everyone for another fantastic season! We’ll see you very soon!”
January marks the end of our Season. Every year, we close for a few weeks – our ‘hibernation’ – to take a short break, but mostly to prepare, repair and update the hotel and restaurant, ready for the new season.
The biggest day of January is normally, and not too surprisingly, the first. New Year’s Day at El Oceano is always a fantastic event, marking both the end of our season and the start of the bright new year! Always a sell-out, guests often book their tables weeks or months in advance for the New Year’s Day Dinner.
January 2020 at El Oceano
- Wednesday 1st January 2020: New Year’s Day! Always an utterly magnificent day at El Oceano! FULLY BOOKED!
- Thursday 2nd January: Nikki Rae joins us with her amazing ‘Someone like Adele’ show! Nikki is always very welcome – and very popular – at El Oceano! Book now!
- Friday 3rd January: The Blue Dinner. Our chance to help local cancer charity, Positively Blue. Featuring live music from Vixen and The Soul Brothers. Limited table, enquire now!
- Saturday 4th January: Entertianment yet to be confirmed.
- Sunday 5th January: The Last Supper! Your final chance of the season to enjoy the finest Sunday Experience on the Costa del Sol!! Incredibly, still available table!! Book quickly, really. Sunday tables do not last long!!
Book your 2020 Holiday at El Oceano Beach Hotel
Naturally, we are happy to accept holiday reservations for later in the year, throughout January, although you may find your confirmation is a little slower, as we maintain a minimal administrative team during our hibernation. But please don’t hesitate to get in touch to book your hotel room, your restaurant table, or your VIP sunbed.
Or, if you have any questions before you book your hotel accommodation, get in touch via the short form below. We’ll get back to you very quickly – after all, we’re here to help!
january on the costa del sol
January Costa del Sol Weather
January is the coldest month of the year in the Costa del Sol. Although high temperatures can still reach 15 degrees Celsius, low temperatures can plummet to six degrees on a chilly day, only fractionally above what would be expected in the UK. Average annual temperature in the month is 11 degrees Celsius. Sunshine hours per day are at five hours.
January is typically cold, rainy and windy. There is however a one-week period – fittingly called the Halcyon Days – during January when the weather is good on the whole and the winds cease.
Rain and Sea Temperatures
With 83mm of rainfall over the month, holidaymakers should expect to see some rainfall on their holiday in January. However, intermittent precipitation is expected and won’t last long in the winter months. Sea temperatures hover in the range of 16 degrees Celsius, which is still a decent temperature for the time of year, so swimming for short periods is still part of the course.
Current Costa del Sol Weather
find el oceano
Find El Oceano Luxury Beach Hotel & Restaurant on Mijas Costa
On the main A7 motorway between Marbella and La Cala de Mijas, you’ll find the stunning, newly refurbished El Oceano Hotel Restaurant. Martini & Cocktail Lounge and Beauty Salon.
El Oceano Beach Hotel
Ctra. de Cádiz A7 (N340), Km 199
29649 Mijas Costa
Telephone (+34) 952 587 550